Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bougainvillea in Michigan?

I am a bride, getting married August 1st. I fell in love with the dark pink fuchsia-like colored Bougainvillea. If anyone could shed light on where I could find them in Michigan. I'm not really interested in the plant, just the blooms. I would like to use them as part of a centerpiece. Please any direction is GREATLY appreciated.

Bougainvillea in Michigan?
Since you want this as a bridal piece, contact a world wide or huge chain florist. Usually if you place an order, the floral company will outsource to the florist closest to your home. However, if you are willing to pay the money, you can request, well in advance, a special shipment to you. The bougainvillea flowers for almost all four season where it is native so availability should not be a problem.
Reply:Get married in Florida... it is easier to find them they grow everywhere but I'm afraid this type of flower is not resistant as a centerpiece. You have to find a good florist who can find an alternative for your area.


No comments:

Post a Comment