Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bougainvillea thorns poisonous?

I cut my bougainvillea bush back yesterday and got pricked by the thorns, which is inevitable, and now the fingers that were effected by them are swollen and itch. I have taken benadryl, which has helped a bit. My doctor said it isn't uncommon and often times, too high a level could require steroids. Has anyone ever had this happen? I definitely think I will hire someone next time it gets too large!

Bougainvillea thorns poisonous?
I have really bad allergies, but I work with Bougies all the time and never get that reaction!


How ever!!! I used to work in A commercial rose growing greenhouse range. The thorns there used to make me really sick and swollen. It was because they were coated with pesticide and fungicide.


Do you spray your plants with any pesticides or fungicides, maybe use systemic pesticides?


I hope you feel better soon, I hate my allergies!
Reply:I didn't know bougainvillea thorns could be poisonous. Hope your fingers go back to normal soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment