Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Will the Bougainvillea Vine that I have come back...?

After winter...I live in Arkansas.

Will the Bougainvillea Vine that I have come back...?
Yes , it should. Ours froze,really froze,and its growing again! getting time to trim it as matter of fact! Give it some Quick Start.Bye
Reply:Use the "finger nail" test on the branches. Just scrape your fingernail to see if there is any green under the top layer. If not, the branch is dead and should be cut off. Keep trimming off the dead wood until you get to a little green. When you find some green, then water the plant well and keep it watered.





My two North-facing Bougainvillea's completely died. But, my South-facing Bougainvillea is going to make it. The branches that reached the second story had to be cut off. I left about 2 feet of the main stem and kept it watered. Just this week, I saw some new growth coming up from the base of the plant. The roots are still alive!!! I watered and fed my baby!!





Good Luck!!

games hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment