Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I nursed my bougainvillea inside during the winter and it's come back very nicely. How do I continue its care?

A gardening talk show host told a caller to treat the bougainvillea poorly and it would bloom better! So minimal fertilizer, water when dry and let it be. Here in south Texas some of the prettiest bougainvillea are on fences and look as though they are lucky to get watered once in awhile!

I nursed my bougainvillea inside during the winter and it's come back very nicely. How do I continue its care?
If you are going to place it outside again make sure you slowly let it get used to the outside . Don't take it from the house to full sun or you will just burn the plant. The first day put it in a shady area 2nd day let it have some morning sun for maybe a hour


3rd day maybe an hour and 15 min. but make sure it's early morning. Do this for about a week or so until you feel it can take full sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment