Friday, November 13, 2009

So... Ehhh... I put in a gorgeous Bougainvillea about a week ago...?

but about 20% of the leaves have begun to yellow up... is this an indication of to much water, not enough, or something else?

So... Ehhh... I put in a gorgeous Bougainvillea about a week ago...?
it could be a number of things mine goes yellow if i forget to water it but as soon as i water the yellow leaves fall and new start off,


if you have transfered from a pot to the garden the leaves could turn due to more room for the roots to spread and grow, water everyday until established and keep in sunny spot it should fight back.


hope this helps !
Reply:I think I live down the street from you so I know what you are talking about. Here is what I do. I get a bag of de-odorized steer manure from Lowe's. I dig the hole three times the size of the pot the plant came in. I call that a "ten dollar hole for a five dollar tree". I mix the manure and the dirt 50/50. Cover, making sure as not to go up the stem. Water. Now, here is the thing. All plants here get "shocked" when transplanted, but if it grows here, you know it doesn't need much water, but a new plant needs water to become established. I water new plants just enough to get the ground wet. Make sure you have used some mulch to keep the sun off of the ground around the plant. Good luck


now that said, I hate those dang bougainvilleas. they grow all crazy and you can't control them. oleanders are a better choice, and if you forget to water them for a couple of years, so much the better.

Wisdom Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment